When kids learn English, they aren’t always clear on the meaning of words. Does a sign lettered Off-ice refer to a room near the ice house? As adults, we can appreciate the connection of familiar words to unexpected meanings.
Frank has a large collection of such words, and he’s constantly adding more. Here are a few of his own making, which he posted recently to the website:
- Frankincense —What Frankenstein had after he was given a brain
- Hot Dog Stand — What wieners do when they can’t find a seat
- Monkey — Means to enter the monastery when it’s locked
- Pork Chop — A pig’s karate movement
- Spoiled Milk — What you get from pampered cows
- Spyware — Appropriate attire for an agent during a covert operation
- Stick — A boomerang that doesn’t work
To read more of the collection, Click Here.