Active Is Better than Passive Voice
In passive voice, the subject receives the action. In active voice, the subject does the action. Active is better because the logical flow of information move forward in the same direction, left to right, that we read.
- 1. Strolling down the aisle was a duo of young people barely clothed. A duo of barely clothed young people strolled down the aisle.
- 2. I was given a yellow note from my teacher. My teacher gave me a yellow note.
- 3. Attacks on his character were made by members of the church leadership. The church leadership attacked his character.
- 4. She was in full agreement agreed with the plan.
- 5. The city park was where we gathered on the Fourth of July. We gathered at the city park on the Fourth of July.